Saturday, August 27, 2011

Doan Face

Hi, I'm Billy Byle, and I am one of the contributors of this nice blog with Matthew and Chris. I am 19 years old and a current student at College for Creative Studies here in the D. I've been skating/playing hockey since I was 3 1/2 years old. I have always liked the Red Wings, especially the game of hockey, so I have decided that I am going to put my knowledge of the sport to more use than just playing hockey.

The Mules face after the incident.
Thanks to Puck Daddy for this stunning image.

Player I love to hate:
 Hands down Shane Doan, I didn't like him even before the playoffs when Doan and Franzen collided into the boards, every time he steps out on the ice, I fear for Red Wings, especially lidstrom. He was just running at people intentionally trying to take someone out of the game. Sure he might be playing with heart but as long as he isn't a Red Wing then I will not like him due to his characteristic attempts trying to slaughter someone on the ice. But he did give us the greatest facial expressions ever. Not only is he a hard hitter/fighter but he also puts up some pretty good numbers with 9 of his last 10 seasons being 50+ points, I'd say he would be a player for teams to fear defensively and offensively.

1 comment:

  1. First post, nice!!!! Good pick with Doan and I dig the Illo.

    ReplyDelete