1. Pittsburgh - To consistently do what they have done with there top players out of the lineup... It's amazing and Bylsma is quickly becoming the top coach in the NHL.
2. Washington - The finally lost. Everyone is talking about the argument at the end of there last game between the coach and Ovie. I think you have a bigger problem there than most want to think. You wouldn't catch Lidstrom screaming at Babcock if he wasn't out on the ice in that situation, would you?
3. Chicago - Looks like the Kane to center experiment is working.
4. Toronto - How long can the Leafs honestly hold a spot in the top 15? I keep waiting for them to slip but so far, so good.
5. Dallas - Another gigantic surprise, except I have no doubt at all they will slip up sooner rather then later.
6. Los Angeles - Doughty is back.
7. Edmonton - Really? Easily the biggest surprise for me. Defense has been stellar.
8. Philadelphia - Don't look now but Jagr is starting to heat up and Giroux is firing on all cylinders but Bryz is struggling to adapt to a city that cares about hockey.
9. Vancouver - They are turning around there slow start, as we expected. Kesler needs to step it up a notch.
10. Phoenix - 3 straight wins, including a tough 1-0 victory of Dallas.
11. Minnesota - If Harding can play like he has played the past 2 games against the Wings, the Wild will have one of the best 1-2 punch's.
12. Colorado - Slipping from there hot start. To be expected.
13. Florida - Dave Tallon "Frankensteined" the roster during the off-season and it's working... for now.
14. San Jose - They were the best team the Red Wings faced in the young season. Considering we went up against a Washington team that knocked us into a 5 game loosing streak and an always challenging Vancouver squad, that's saying something.
15. Buffalo - They are up and down but things will start to click once Miller gets rolling.
16. Detroit - Up and down. This roller coaster had a very high climb followed by an equally low drop but are they still dropping?
17. Ottawa - They are staying in the thick of it heading into November. 1 month down.
18. Carolina - Staal is really struggling out the gates.
19. Nashville - Locking up Rinne long term is good for a team that can afford it, but with an internal cap and equally, if not more, important players looking for a big pay day, it could prove to be a deadly mistake.
20. Tampa Bay - Vincent Lecavlier has gotten off to a decent start. One of the good guys I always enjoying rooting for.
21. Anaheim - Selanne is a machine.
22. New York Rangers - Well, at least the won the Brad Richards sweepstakes...
23. Montreal - Carey Price has turned the Habs season around in a hurry.
24. St.Louis - Sitting in the bottom half of the league, where they will finish the season.
25. New Jersey - I've always had a soft spot for the Devils and it saddens me to see them struggle. Hopefully they give us Parise at the deadline though, that will make up for it.
26. Calgary - Fail for Nail?
27. Winnipeg - I will be incredibly surprised if they don't finish the year in the bottom 5.
28. Boston - Wow.
29. New York Islanders - They have Tavares, damnit!
30. Columbus - They beat the Red Wings.